Assistant Adventure Guide
Seasonal, Temporary, Part-Time opportunity, $16.00 per hour.
When you graduate to Adventure Guide, the rate will increase to $20.00 per hour.
As we grow, this position will become a Seasonal, Full-Time opportunity.
If you are looking for a position where you have the ability to work outdoors, have freedom to work independently, interact with people from all over the world and teach guests about a rich history & culture and how to harness key cultural concepts for greater well-being while exploring a hidden natural gem in the city, then we may have the perfect job for you!
Why We Do What We Do
* We provide exceptional culture & nature educational experiences, in an outdoor setting, on which participants feel like honoured guests
* We broaden the minds of our guests with the goal of building cross-cultural respect, understanding and connection
* We introduce guests to fundamental Indigenous values and connect them to the science of human flourishing, resilience and happiness for greater well-being
* We re-connect guests back to green spaces, which builds a deep respect and appreciation for the land, air, water, plant and animal species and opens them to being protectors and advocators of Mother Earth and greater connection to each other
What You Will Need To Be Successful
* Our Why matches your Why – You believe that Why We Do What We Do matters to you
* You are a people person – You have a curiosity, appreciation and love of people and other cultures, you get your energy from interacting with others and enjoy entertaining and being an exceptional host and in their service, you enjoy working with others and love learning and teaching – both young and old – delivering great experiences
* You are a person of integrity – You are reliable, honest, punctual, responsible, trustworthy, diplomatic, discrete, always strive for excellence and are a leader who is able to organize oneself and others with an attention to detail
* You hold a glass half-full perspective – You see the good in the world and in others and are an outdoor enthusiast
* You are an exceptional communicator – You have excellent English oral and written communication skills (other languages a bonus), enjoy public speaking / presenting, have a strong, clear speaking voice and are an engaging storyteller with the ability to hold an audience’s attention while including them in a participatory way
* Your personality is infectious – You are upbeat, enthusiastic, youthful, friendly, fun, charismatic, confident yet humble and have the ability to think on your feet and problem solve on the fly, handling stress with the appearance of being calm and in control
Outdoors, extended walking
Must be able to carry a 40lb backpack
Adherence to company dress code
Bachelor’s degree or diploma (completed or in progress)
Valid First Aid / CPR certification (or willing to complete training)
Vulnerable sector screening police check
Knowledgeable or willing to learn about positive psychology
Basic understanding of experiential learning principles
None required (training provided) as fit is more important to us
Previous Service Industry experience an asset
Previous teaching experience an asset
Previous outdoor leadership experience an asset
Indigenous heritage an asset
If you’re interested in joining our team, send a copy of your résumé and a cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line Assistant Adventure Guide. We look forward to hearing from you!